Friday, December 30, 2022

2023 Goals

 


2023 Goals

No, not that kind of goal. What do I want for 2023? 


2022 was pretty epic for our family. A couple of international trips, high school graduation, new vehicles, Gold Award/Eagle Scout celebration, work promotions; you know, epic!

While I'm not a New Year's Resolution guy, I do believe in goal setting. If you don't put out there what you hope to accomplish, how do you remain accountable? 

I have a few goals for the coming year and they are pretty simple. 

My first goal of the year is to travel more. Not necessarily internationally (which would be nice), but just "out". My new role at work allows me to really work from anywhere. I am not held down by a sales territory so I can be virtually anywhere as long as I get the job done (which is not a problem). We have an awesome travel trailer and new truck to pull it with, so there really are no excuses. 

Goal #2 is to virtually ride across the country. I did this a few a few years back using the Map My Ride site. It was fun to see how far I could go across the country by logging my miles. I plan to do this in 2023 again. With the addition of our MYX Bikes (add that to the epic year), we (Terri & I) can do the BODi workouts and ride together. The only miles that will count are the ones "pedaled". Whether I ride indoors or out, those miles will get logged on the map. If you want to follow along on my progress, you can check in here. The plan is to start at the Tin Fish restaurant at the end of the Imperial Beach pier in Imperial Beach, CA and "ride" to Miami FL. To keep it easier, I will "ride" on the freeways and take the southern most route. This route, by freeway is 2663 miles according to Google Maps. I am up for it. 

In 2022, I didn't ride nearly as much as I wanted. So far this year (it's 12/30), I have only pedaled 719 miles. Here is a link to my 2022 virtual ride. I started at my house and almost made it through Colorado. 
Next year will definitely be a further ride!

Join me, won't you? 

No comments: